Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Introduction

Hey! I'm Kaity and I'm from Brooklyn, New York. I live with my parents, and my 22 year old sister Betsy. I'm planning to major in Nursing and Spanish and minor in French here at Brockport. I honestly chose Brockport because firstly its far from home, (about 8 and half hours) and secondly, it felt like home the first time I visited. But Brockport is definitely different from what I'm used to. Brockport is more quiet, has a lot less concrete, but it's starting to feel like a second home. You can't help but like it here when everyone is so nice!

I'm enjoying my time here so far. I basically spend my day in my dorm studying besides going out to eat with my friends. Bio 111 is kicking my butt with all the reading I have to do, and Film History 250 makes me fall asleep. My other classes are pretty enjoyable especially French. I took French in high school all four years, and since this is an introductory class, for me its more of a review. I can't wait for my Spanish classes which I think I get to take next semester. I miss my Spanish food from home and talking in the language on a daily basis, so it will be like going home in a sense.

Ah! I forgot to mention my roommate's name is Audra. We get along really well. That's something every freshman worries about before moving in, but I was lucky because we mesh well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment