Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Intro

Ah, so I’m finally here, The College at Brockport. It feels good to finally be able to say the sentence “I’m a college student”. My names Carolyn McMenemon and clearly, I’m a freshman here at Brockport. I’m from a small town way downstate, Pine Bush, New York. Most people have never heard of it, although it is pretty well known for UFO sightings to some people. Sorry, but I’ve never seen one. It’s about five hours from Brockport, yeah I know…long car ride and pretty far from home. Which, is kind of hard considering that I am really close to my family. I live with my parents and my younger sister Kellie, whose 16. Then I have an older sister Marybeth whose 24 but lives in Manhattan. Yeah, being the middle child rocks. Leaving home was a very odd experience. Aside from the normal school field trips and overnight sleepovers, I had never been away from my family for an extended period of time. But there I was, leaving my family and friends for about two and half months. Which, doesn’t seem like that long, but if you think about it... it sort of is. But, it all ended up being okay. After a few tearful goodbyes and strict instructions from my mother to call in a day or two, I was on my own. Officially a freshman college student at The College at Brockport. Which is both exciting...and terrifying.

-Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment