Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Break!




Well it's almost time to go home for Thanksgiving break! My roommate Nicole just left to go back to New York City and I'm going home tomorrow. All my classes are cancelled tomorrow which is awesome!

I've been very busy lately with my living learning community. Last weekend we helped out at the Ronald McDonald house making lunches for the families that stay there. Also, we got a tour of the house.

Classes are almost done for this semester. I had a research paper and 2 group presentations for Delta last week so it was stressful. A couple of weeks ago, I had to get up at 6 a.m. to register for classes and my computer wasn't working right so I ran down the hall to get my friend Jeff's computer and woke him up. Because i'm in Delta, we get to register early :). All my friends are just now starting to register when classes are already full.

Also last week, my RD Katy and some of McLean Hall volunteered at the Oxfam Hunger Banquet last week. The ideaof the banquet was to give people an idea of the different economic classes around the world and that we take what we eat for granted. As people started to walk in, they drew what class they were in out of a bag. The low income people had to sit on the floor and eat beans, the middle income people got to sit on chairs and eat beans and rice, while the hgih income people got to eat lasagna. My neighbor, Angela, and I facilitated the low income group and asked questions about how they felt about drawing what class they were in. It was so much fun!

This weekend I went back home to see my best friend Lizzie and we went to see the Orleans County Junior Miss Program. (It kind of sounds like a beauty pageant but it's not haha.)

Today, I applied to be one of the copy editors for The Stylus. I'm currently a staff writer on The Stylus and have written 8 articles for the Lifestyles section. My section editor, Krista, is so nice. :)

I spent my entire Sunday night putting the finishing touches on my resume. Hopefully I get the job!

Well, this was a long blog entry! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment