Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Introduction







Hi Everyone!






This is my first blog post. I'm so excited! My first few weeks here were really hectic because I switched majors. I'm Katelyn Hess and I'm from Albion, NY! I live ony 15 minutes away and I live in McLean. It's a lot of fun. I'm Double Majoring in Poltical Science and History with an emphasis on Pre-Law. I'm also part of Delta! It like an accelerated general education program that helps you with career preparation. I'm also involved of the Leadership and Community Service LLC in which we do various serivce projects around the community. This past Saturday, we helped out at the Sisters of St. Joseph! We mulched trees and pulled weeds and afterwards they fed us pizza for lunch!
I chose Brockport because it was close to home and they gave me a great scholarship and they made an effort to try to get to know me. Also, I came for Delta! Delta is a great program to get into. They have small class sizes and I know everyone in my classes. My Delta classes are my favorite! My classes are great. I'm taking 5 this semester which is alright with me. My International Relations class is boring because the concepts are all theories. I love my Protest and Public Opinion class! It's really interesting because that coincides with what I want to do in Political Science. I eventually want to go to law school someday.
I've met alot of new friends here. My roommate Nicole is awesome! She's from Brooklyn, NY. Also, my friend Yanicka, who lives across the hall from us, is from Brooklyn as well. It was kind of a culture shock to her because before she came up here she had never seen a farm before. Also, my friend Mike is cool too. He lives down the hall from me. He is a history major as well. We Facebook creep each other alot ;) haha. My other friend Chelsea, who is Yanicka's roommate, goes home on the weekends alot but when she is here, she is probably the funniest quiet person I have ever met. My best friend, Lizzie, came here the first week but she goes to school at Niagara County Community College so I don't get to see her alot :/. She loves it at Brockport when she visited though! Last but not least, my boyfriend Mitch comes and sees me every other day which makes me pretty happy since he lives 40 minutes away. Hopefully, I can convince him to come to Brockport to play football next year! I love it here at Brockport!






No comments:

Post a Comment